- Give to the Campaign for Equal Justice. The best
way to increase access is to create more legal aid staff
- Volunteer through one of legal aid’s many
volunteer lawyer projects and clinics, or help the
Campaign for Equal Justice raise money for legal aid.
Learn how legal aid services are delivered in
your community so that you can make appropriate
referrals for low-income clients.
- Move your IOLTA accounts to a “Leadership
Bank.” If all lawyers took this step, funding for legal
aid could increase by as much as $700,000—enough
to fund two small rural legal aid offices. Contact the
OLF at www.oregonlawfoundation.org.
- Review your IOLTA account for abandoned
client funds. The funds are paid to the Oregon State
Bar for appropriation to legal aid through the Oregon
State Bar’s Legal Services Program.
- Educate. Be a walking PSA (Public Service
Announcement) for legal aid and CEJ. Proudly
wear a “fact” button about legal aid to help
spark conversations about the importance of access
- Endow. Take simple steps to endow your
annual gift to the Campaign’s endowment fund.
Speak Up. Let state, federal, and private
funders know that access to justice is important.
- Connect. Ask your bar group to take action
to support statewide legal aid programs in Oregon.
Contact the CEJ for ideas.
- Shop. Support legal aid when you shop at Fred
Meyer or Amazon. It costs you nothing, but supports